[OpenStack-docs] Usage of OmniGraffle

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Fri Nov 28 16:48:38 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Andreas Jaeger" <aj at suse.com>
> To: "Christian Berendt" <berendt at b1-systems.de>, "openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org"
>
> On 11/28/2014 09:10 AM, Christian Berendt wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > In https://review.openstack.org/#/c/137066/ Matt used OmniGraffle to
> > create a graphic. The graphic looks very good. At the moment I am
> > confused about the usage of proprietary closed source software and want
> > to clearify this point.
> >
> > At least myself cannot use OmniGraffle because I do not own a MacOS
> > system and I do not own OmniGraffle.
>
> I expected that I could edit the supplied svg using inkscape - but that
> does not work on my installation, it does not show the full graph ;(
>
> Interesting the results from inkscape compared to ImageMagick - appended
> for your fun ;(
>
> I prefer a format that can be edited with open source tools. Matt, are
> there ways to export this differently?
>
> Andreas

I tried using this project in the hope that it might generate a more complete SVG file but the results didn't seem to be any better (similar to what you see from Inkscape when it loads the existing SVG):

    http://code.google.com/p/graffle2svg/

Opening the SVGs directly in firefox the missing boxes appear but the rendering is still off versus the exported PNGs from OmniGraffle.

-Steve