[Openstack-docs] Clearly marking trunk/ as the unstable version

Matt Kassawara mkassawara at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 13:46:44 UTC 2014

At least with the installation guide, I think people generally assume that
/trunk contains corrections and other improvements for the stable
documentation rather than functionality for the next release. When I first
tried installing OpenStack, most people pointed me at /trunk and I wound up
using a combination of the latter and stable branch to build my first
functional environment. We probably haven't seen many bug reports on /trunk
until now because most of the basic configuration for core components
except networking remained the same (or similar enough to work) through
Grizzly, Havana, and Icehouse. We definitely need to provide better
indication of the target audience for /trunk, but I also think several
solid releases of the installation guide will cause more people to focus on
the stable branch.