[Openstack-docs] What's Up Doc? July 30 2014

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Wed Jul 30 14:55:22 UTC 2014

Hi all,
We had the APAC docs team meeting and here are the minutes and logs:
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/docteam/2014/docteam.2014-07-30-03.01.html

http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/docteam/2014/docteam.2014-07-30-03.01.log.html

Lots going on in doclandia so let's get started.

__In review and merged this past week__

The Architecture Design Guide is merrily on its way to print-ready. We're
fixing nits, making sure images are readable, and generally fretting as we
ought before cementing it on the printed page. Once it's ready in the
master branch, I'll make a PDFA-1a and upload to Lulu with the cover and
it'll be ready to buy! My goal is to finish this week.

Nearly 200 doc patches merged in the past week, wowsa. Looking for themes,
the training guides had a big push and the cleanup on the Arch Design Guide
accounted for quite a few patches. The Identity API v2.0 continues to be
buggy and we're fixing and breaking as we go. Lots of discussion around the
maintenance difficulties with the "API Reference Guides" on the mailing
list [1] and I'd love more input on the cost/benefit for those particular
guides.  [2]

I'm also pleased to see at least three new doc contributors with patches,
thanks to our newcomers!

__High priority doc work__

We are gearing up for two focused efforts on Networking/neutron docs. One
is a doc swarm in Australia; the other is a doc day after the Ops meetup in
San Antonio Texas. Here are the details:

 * Brisbrane Australia August 9th: http://openstack-swarm.rhcloud.com/
Contact Lana Brindley with any questions.
 * San Antonio August 27th:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/neutron-docs-juno Contact Edgar Magana
with any questions.

__Ongoing doc work__

The Heat Orchestration Template (HOT) Guide is underway with the spec
nearly there: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/108133/
and the initial import in review: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/108245/

The review of gap coverage at this week's TC meeting shows a lot of team's
efforts on bridging the gaps in their documentation:
- The ceilometer team is working on the user and operator documentation.
- The trove team is pounding through their backlog on docs, great efforts. h
ttps://etherpad.openstack.org/p/trove-doc-items
- The neutron team and Edgar are gearing up for the August work.
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/neutron-docs-juno
- The horizon team has a start on a contributor pattern guide for the
Dashboard. [3]

__New incoming doc requests__

We really need to stay on top of the incoming doc bugs.Use
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/BugTriage to triage incoming bugs for API
docs or ops/user docs. Thanks Tom for the reminder!

__Doc tools updates__

We've got epub work in progress at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/107825/

__Other doc news__

Be on the lookout for a possible change to the Identity program due to
changing the scope of the mission to Authorization, Auditing, and
Authentication: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/108739

1. http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-docs/2014-July/004920.html
2. http://docs.openstack.org/api/api-ref-guides.html
3.