[Openstack-docs] Replace shorten URLs with destination URLs in the operation guide

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Wed Jul 30 05:52:16 UTC 2014

On 30/07/14 13:44, Christian Berendt wrote:
> There are a lot of shorten URLs (opsgui.de) in the operation guide. Some
> of them are broken because the destination URLs is broken (HTTP error
> 404, ..).
>
> I would suggest to replace all shorten URLs with the destination URLs.
> In my opinion this will simplify the maintenance.
>
> We do not use shorten URLs in the other guides and I do not see the
> benefit of shorten URLs using a own service at the moment.

The short URLs are used in printed books. As such, we must keep the
short URLs up to date. Keeping them in-use in the HTML version is a good
way to do that.

Please assign any broken link bugs for the opsgui.de URLs to Anne or
myself, and we can easily fix them on bit.ly. If anyone else is
interested in having access to change these URLs - please let me know.

Regards,

Tom