[Openstack-docs] Proposal: CLI Reference manual

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Thu Jan 30 15:44:04 UTC 2014

On 01/30/2014 04:26 PM, Diane Fleming wrote:
> Actually, I'm fine either way – keeping it as appendix or as separate book.
>
> But either way, I think we need to improve the formatting – I'll open a
> bug for that.

Yes, please do open a bug. I'll see what I can do to improve it.

> What does everyone else think about keeping command ref as appendix, or
> moving to separate book?

I'm fine either way.  Having one more guide, will not really cost us
more work than having it in the appendices. And having a guide would
give us *one* location for the content instead of currently two guides
with both the same large appendix.

And I'm even fine with removing the appendix and not having a book since
these are help texts users could get themselves on the command line...
Still, it's nice to have a common location to look it up and be aware of
these. And since there are no man pages for these, this it probably the
best way to have it,