[OpenStack-docs] Havana fixes. No go, right?

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Wed Dec 24 15:50:07 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 8:32 AM, Tom Fifield <tom at openstack.org> wrote:

> On 24/12/14 23:26, Anne Gentle wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 8:20 AM, Tom Fifield <tom at openstack.org
> > <mailto:tom at openstack.org>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi,
> >
> >     Just looking at this simple potential fix for Havana docs:
> >
> >     https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1290433
> >
> >     My understanding is we have precisely zero ability to fix/rebuild
> Havana
> >     docs. Is that correct?
> >

> > Not exactly. We _can_ (have the ability) and they are still reachable on
> > the website. But since the release is End of Life we typically don't.
> > And, in another six months they won't be reachable either.
> >
> > Basically, we can do it, but it's precedence I don't want to set.
>
> Oh, I'm all for marking old docs as unmaintained :) I was more
> interested in the technical rather than policy. It seems the branch has
> been disappeared from git, right? So to do it we'd have to manually do
> weird things on the web server?

Oh yeah, I hadn't realized stable/havana is gone.

You could figure out the SHA used for stable/havana originally, if there
was say a legal reason to rebuild. And yep, you'd have to manually FTP the
updated files. And I still need to share the FTP creds while we await the
completion of the swift way of copying files when building docs.

Thanks for bringing it up, let me know if I'm missing any other details.

Anne