[Openstack-docs] [Training-guides] Demo/Sandbox repository for teaching proper Gerrit workflow?

Pančur, Matjaž Matjaz.Pancur at fri.uni-lj.si
Mon Aug 11 13:55:39 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I’m looking at Upstream University’s OpenStack Training slides (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OpenStack_Upstream_Training/Info), I’m planning to use this material this fall in my OpenStack course to introduce the OpenStack way of doing things to students. If I’m not mistaken, this is also the material we intend to include into our Training guides, right?

In the "Gerrit Workflow" section, Loic is using a puppet-ceph Stackforge repo to show all relevant Gerrit workflow actions for new OpenStack Developers. I know that the course goal is to work on real OpenStack bugs. However, in my experience, students sometimes prefer “sandbox” or demo repos when they start to learn how to use tools and processes. This way, they can safely try all of the roles and Git/Gerrit scenarios (including being core reviewer).

Besides openstack-dev/sandbox, are there any other repos suitable for sandbox/demo purposes?

-Matjaz