[Openstack-docs] Streamlined contribution workflow

Eoghan Glynn eglynn at redhat.com
Tue Aug 5 07:56:53 UTC 2014

> > In that case, I think we should try to streamline the process in
> > other, more limited, ways.
> >
> > One thing that I think could be useful would be to have a
> > well-defined agreed signal to indicate that the project-team
> > author is satisfied with the initial rough content from a
> > technical correctness and completeness PoV, and would like the
> > documentation team to start with the revision/polish process on
> > the content.
> >
> > Perhaps we could agree that the author removing their WIP -1
> > on their patch(es) could act as that hand-over point?
> >

> > So as long as the WIP -1 is still in place, the project author is
> > still iterating over the content for correctness & completeness.
> > Once that flag is taken off, it's open season on getting the doc
> > team's polish applied and the patch landed.
> >
> > Would that kind of approach make sense?
> >

> Yep, this is how the review process works now. I apologize for violating it
> originally.

Absolutely no need to apologize :)

We were just a bit unclear about the workflow on the ceilometer side,
so it's good to have that confirmed.

We'll aim to be proactive in taking off the WIP -1 flag at the earliest
possible date, and giving the documentation an explicit heads-up at
that point.

Cheers,
Eoghan