[Openstack-docs] identity-api: Building broken

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Sat Aug 2 18:20:44 UTC 2014

On 08/02/2014 05:25 AM, Anne Gentle wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 11:51 AM, <dfleming at austin.rr.com
> <mailto:dfleming at austin.rr.com>> wrote:
>
>     Also, if we move that content to the api-site/api-ref-guides
>     directory, the guides would point directly to the WADLs in
>     api-site/api-ref directory, so they pick up current content rather
>     than pointing to what's merged into master by way of URL.
>

> Hi all,
> Diane had a great idea over breakfast about how to mitigate these
> issues, and I've put together a pair of patches that put the solution in
> place to see what others think.
>
> The idea is to stop embedding WADL references in the Dev References and
> instead link to the HTML output. Any relevant info for a particular call
> moves into the WADL itself.
>
> I think this solves many of the issues I listed previously, so please
> review this approach and let us know what you think on the review (or
> here on the mailing list thread).

There's still a tight coupling between these - whenever an URL in the
api-site changes, we might need to adjust compute-api. Is there no way
to avoid this duplication completely?

The one nice thing with WADLs is that if the link is wrong, you get a
build time error - with this change, it's a silent failure.

I do like the idea but the above concerns me. Thanks for looking into this!