[Openstack-docs] Integrating Ask OpenStack in docs

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Thu Oct 31 13:57:19 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

Looking in the HA guide I see some values like:

[[ha-aa-rabbitmq]]
=== RabbitMQ

Not sure whether these are considered IDs or anchors in RST?

> We are wanting to replace disqus with an id per output HTML page not per
> paragraph. If people want to ask about or report a bug for a para they can
> say so in text, no need for fine grained threads.

Sounds right to me.

> Chanda Kumar expressed interest in the implementation and he and David Cramer
> are going to meet soon. Who else is interested in implementation?
>
> I'm interested in notifications and moderation, how are these handled?

Ideally I think that if someone asks a question coming from say the Installation Guide, it should get an "install-guide" tag in ask.o.o and ideally a "yum", "apt", or "zypper" tag. You can "subscribe" to tags you are interested in from the ask site itself.

Moderation of the question itself should be done in the same way as any other ask.o.o question, authors who don't have enough points to moderate on the ask site would pretty quickly gain them if actively engaged (though I know the community team granted some users the magic 500 points recently I'm not particularly in favour of this approach going forward). At this point I think Tom, Nermina, Nick and myself can already moderate on ask.o.o and you aren't too far off.

What we may need in addition though is a way to moderate the link between ask and the docs for cases where the question the user ultimately asks does not actually end up relating to the section so we would remove (or modify) the record that links it to the section.

Thanks,

Steve