[Openstack-docs] Proposal: Backports and Havana

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Fri Oct 18 13:33:48 UTC 2013

On 10/18/2013 03:06 PM, Lorin Hochstein wrote:
> Andreas:
>
> I like the idea of having the reviewers require this until it has been
> automated. But, assuming the author does put the "backport:
> stable/havana" in the commit message, who should be responsible for
> actually doing the backport? Should it be the original author, or a
> (core) reviewer?

Loring, interesting idea.

AFAIK, currently it's the job of the original author and I'm not
proposing to change this for now. There might be conflicts that need to
be resolved and the original author better knows how to handle that.

Having backport: stable/havana will help to check that the backport is
actually done - a job for some volunteer(s).

Or some people do this regularly...

I prefer to do my backports myself - to get them in quickly ;) but
wouldn't object at all to hand this over if somebody volunteers,