[Openstack-docs] docutils repo?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Nov 27 17:09:05 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-26 22:39:16 +0100 (+0100), Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> I've asked #openstack-infra for help and got pointers on how to request
> a new repo - and since fungi was confused by "docutils" I took the
> proposal from the etherpad and proposed "doctools".
[...]

Yes, my confusion was that it sounded at first like you were talking
about wanting to fork an extremely well-known project (at least in
Python development circles):

    http://docutils.sourceforge.net/

As the reference interpreter library for reStructuredText, the
primary document markup language for Python development, the name
Docutils would lead to heavy confusion amongst most of our developer
community.

Unfortunately, DocTools is the original module name for Sphinx, so not
a whole lot better in that regard:

    https://wiki.python.org/moin/DocTools

To cut a long story short, descriptive project names tend to already
be taken.
--
Jeremy Stanley