[Openstack-docs] [openstack/nova] DocImpact review request change I7046ce55a0a294293c1b1a5fb0f092aeb891ee01

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Thu Jun 27 20:34:45 UTC 2013

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
DocImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/34464

Log:
commit bb360622beed16e6581eb8b6c4a447454272d962
Author: Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>
Date:   Thu Jun 27 12:21:55 2013 -0500

    Load cell data from a configuration file

    **WIP**

    Cells currently keeps all inter-cell communication data, including
    usernames and passwords, in the database.  This is undesirable and
    unnecessary, since cells data isn't updated very frequently.  This
    change allows cells data to be drawn from a JSON file specified via
    a new [cells]cells_config option.  When specified, the database is
    no longer consulted when reloading cells data.

    Implements blueprint eliminate-clear-passwords-from-cells-table.

    DocImpact: Cells may now optionally be configured through a JSON-
    formatted file.  The file will need the columns present in the Cell
    model (excluding common database fields and the 'id' column).  The
    queue connection information must be specified through a
    'transport_url' field, instead of 'username', 'password', etc.  The
    transport_url has the following form:

    The scheme may be either 'rabbit' (shown above) or 'qpid'.

    TODO:

    * Update the test suite to test the newly-added code and verify
      behavior when cells_config is provided

    Change-Id: I7046ce55a0a294293c1b1a5fb0f092aeb891ee01

Automatically generated bug (please review):
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1195459