[Openstack-docs] DocImpact

Lorin Hochstein lorin at nimbisservices.com
Tue Jun 11 19:51:07 UTC 2013

Tom's DocImpact automation proposal <https://review.openstack.org/25887>
got me thinking more generally about DocImpact and new features.

I would like to propose to the opentack-dev mailing list that for commits
that require doc changes ("DocImpact"), there must be sufficient
information in the commit message for a member of the doc team to use this
info to update the docs (i.e., we shouldn't need to go splunking through
the code diff).

If there isn't enough info in the commit log, then it should be socially
acceptable to vote "-1" on the proposed code change.

Does that sound reasonable?

Lorin

--
Lorin Hochstein