[Openstack-docs] Howdy from prospective contributor

Denis Bradford denisbatgm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 20:15:50 UTC 2013

Thanks all for the helpful suggestions.

> see if there are more conventions we could add to better use DocBook's semantic markup...
> You can always pick up doc bugs after working through a few convention/markup types of patches.

I like that the current set of conventions is minimal -- the less
process the better, imo. But I'll read them again with an eye to what
makes sense for these docs. Maybe I can run any ideas by you (Anne) at
that point.

> What gets you interested in OpenStack?

No specific project yet. Where ever newbies usually start (gui
procedures, reference, markup patches as mentioned above?) is fine
with me. Maybe after I get my feet wet, a focus will come to mind. I
might also mention that I like working with graphics, and am
reasonably handy with Gimp and Inkscape.

>In case you're ever in the mood to do any xslt or tools work as well, let us know.

Thanks David, I will. I'm not in your league when it comes to tools,
but might spot an occasional style sheet bug.

P.S. I'll be attending the OpenStack meetup near MIT tomorrow night:
    http://www.meetup.com/Openstack-Boston/events/126684312/t/wm1_5/?rv=wm1
The presentation will be over my head, but I thought documentation
should be represented ;-)