[Openstack-docs] Linking to external install guides

Atul Jha Atul.Jha at csscorp.com
Fri Jul 12 12:49:09 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Jul 12, 2013 8:27 AM, "Atul Jha" <Atul.Jha at csscorp.com<mailto:Atul.Jha at csscorp.com>> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> <snip>
>
> I agree. It's not reasonable to expect us to cover everything on Day 0, but a set of basic install docs is reasonable. (Besides, if we don't document the foundation, how can we expect the distros to put things together so they CAN do their own?)
>
> </snip>
>

> The basic install guide, per distro  will be done with help of the people working/familiar on the particular distribution.

Right.

> <snip>
>
> On the other hand, we are here to document OpenStack, not all of the independent distros, so there's no shame in removing that from our launch day scope.
>
> </snip>
>

> Are you saying we should have only announcement about new release & no install instruction?
>
> Is it?

<snip>

No, just the opposite. I'm saying we should have A basic, fairly distro- neutral set of install instructions. We Can then leave the distros to do their own thing.

</snip>

Kindly clarify. I just hope we are not putting install from source instruction i.e distro-neutral install instruction.

Atul