[Openstack-docs] [openstack/nova] DocImpact review request change I895869e18f92ed57bd2f8c1683cf9a398d88b680

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Thu Jul 11 01:57:57 UTC 2013

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
DocImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/36596

Log:
commit bc555f88b13b2dd607cc754b98e90e62bd01ab28
Author: Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com>
Date:   Thu Jul 4 12:38:39 2013 +1000

    Retry failed instance file deletes.

    This change adds a new column to the instances table named "reaped".
    This column indicates that the instance files on disk have been
    deleted for that instance, assuming that the virt driver you are
    using supports that feature (which only libvirt does for now).

    Then the flag instance_delete_interval specifies how often to
    retry deletes. The default is five minutes. A value of zero will
    disable retries.

    This change is done in this way because reaping will become a more
    generic concept in the next patch.

    DocImpact: the following new flags are added...

     - instance_delete_interval: how often to try to clean up instance
       files

     - maximum_instance_delete_attempts: how many attempts to have before
       giving up

    Change-Id: I895869e18f92ed57bd2f8c1683cf9a398d88b680

Automatically generated bug (please review):
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1200047