[Openstack-docs] [openstack/nova] DocImpact review request change I6b18f7643ab694f5ff34206b80865c40b1ec2680

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Wed Jul 10 22:12:14 UTC 2013

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
DocImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/33127

Log:
commit 08efae6b642e84a1c01475f94d052fc8d9e0bccf
Author: Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>
Date:   Wed Jul 10 16:23:59 2013 -0500

    Convert cells to use a transport URL

    Cells currently keeps all inter-cell communication data, including
    usernames and passwords, in individual columns in the "cells" table
    of the database.  This renders it difficult to specify alternate
    transports (e.g., 0mq).  Work is currently in progress to add the
    concept of "transport URLs," but the end goal is to remove this data
    from the database entirely and store it in a configuration file.

    This change adds transport URLs to cells in a very limited fashion;
    only rabbit and qpid URLs are recognized, and no auxiliary data is
    recognized.  This cleans up the database table, and will make it
    easier to move cell data out of the database and into the
    configuration file.

    Partially implements blueprint eliminate-clear-passwords-from-cells-table.

    DocImpact: None.  Transport URLs are not exposed to deployers in
               this patch.

    Change-Id: I6b18f7643ab694f5ff34206b80865c40b1ec2680

Automatically generated bug (please review):
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1200003