[Openstack-docs] Swift autodoc

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Thu Aug 29 18:08:06 UTC 2013

Hi all,
Tom's done a pile of work on automatically documenting config info for the
Configuration Reference. The latest is a scrape of the swift config info.

While perusing it I'm noticing a ton of "No help text available for this
option" in the swift tables. Looking closer at the code, I wonder if the
scraping of the rst files could be revisited. Since the merge happened
today I'm too late to comment in the review so bringing it to the list.

Here's an example:
read_affinity- swift/doc/source/admin_guide.rst has examples but the code
doesn't scrape it since it's not in the tables, I think. Is there an
automation idea for this type of config info?

I want to fix bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1192657but I'm kind
of stuck unless we start manually updating tables or
something.