[Openstack-docs] Help with build

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Wed Aug 28 20:02:53 UTC 2013

Thanks Lorin and David.

I talked to David today about my general concerns with maintaining our own
RNG file when a standard could be what we want. So I'm glad that a DocBook
5.1 candidate is out!

I do want to caution reviewers that we have to make a judgement call about
super-fine-grained inclusions. Sometimes reuse is not the best solution and
rewriting would be better. Sometimes reuse IS the solution and you should
rewrite something generically for re-use in multiple places. With many
contributors looking at the repo for the first time, it's a fine line to
walk, to make sure we have good judgement calls on reuse.

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Lorin Hochstein
<lorin at nimbisservices.com>wrote:

> All right, let's give it a shot: https://review.openstack.org/44134
>
> Lorin
>

> On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 3:08 PM, David Cramer <david.cramer at rackspace.com>wrote:
>
>>  Btw., we might test with CR1 of the 5.1 schema:
>>
>> http://docbook.org/xml/5.1CR1/rng/
>>
>> Specifically:
>> http://docbook.org/xml/5.1CR1/rng/docbookxi.rng
>>
>> That should fix the problem. If it doesn't, then we will want to log a
>> bug.
>>
>> Regards,
>> David

>> want.

>> > Thanks Anne for the detailed explanation, this is a good approach
>> forward,
>> >
>> > Andreas

> Lorin Hochstein
> Lead Architect - Cloud Services