[Openstack-docs] ops guide japanese build fails due to split repositories

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Tue Aug 27 14:35:22 UTC 2013

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 7:59 PM, Tom Fifield <tom at openstack.org> wrote:

> Cheers for the look-in :) I agree we should be looking at the general case
> ... sorry for the short-sighted bug report!
>
> Thought about the idea of putting things in openstack-infra/config too,
> but discarded it. Essentially, I think we can do this without putting
> additional review load on openstack-infra. Having a bare-bones
> configuration in openstack-infra/config that points to scripts in
> docs-controlled repositories would enable us to be much more responsive to
> updates, and means we don't need to bother infra :)
>
> The last few patches I put through to config are took 1-3 weeks to get
> through. Importantly, this is completely fine - our patches are definitely
> low priority compared to others, and being typically less skilled at the
> ways of jenkins-job-builder we do want the time spent on thorough review
> from the overworked infracores.

I ask for eyeballs in #openstack-infra if I have a review delay. They also
have a separate Jenkins job review team so for these types of job additions
I think your experience is atypical.

I've put this patch in: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/43734/ as a fix.
Basically the zuul layout file is running in openstack-manuals and should
run for operations-guide. What I'm unsure of, though, is whether the same
pom.xml is used for non-english output. David or Daisy can you review?

Anne Gentle
annegentle at justwriteclick.com