[Openstack-docs] Help with build

Lorin Hochstein lorin at nimbisservices.com
Mon Aug 26 14:29:11 UTC 2013

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 9:37 AM, Anne Gentle <anne at openstack.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 6:21 AM, Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote:
>
>> On 08/26/2013 04:32 AM, Tom Fifield wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I've tried to fix this one https://review.openstack.org/#/c/43032
>> >
>> > for build for a bit, but it's hard without a line number for the
>> > validation error. I've isolated it to the file
>> > section_object-storage-features.xml.
>> >
>> > Any ideas?
>>

>> I found the culprit:
>> Remove from line 748 this include:
>>
>>             <xi:include
>> href="../common/tables/swift-proxy-server-(filter:slo).xml"/>
>>
>> I guess you need to wrap that in a section but can't debug further now,
>>

> Yep,  the para table elements need to be wrapped in a section.
>
> I'm hesitant to stop validating individual files because many people need
> to use a non-validating editor. Can we find a way to validate individual
> files against a schema that we all agree to?

Anne:

Is the individual file validation useful for people using a non-validating
editor? Given that validate.py now runs maven on all changed books and will
fail if a book doesn't build, is there any value added by running
validation against individual files?

The only advantage I could imagine is if the individual file validation
gave clearer error messages than maven, but I'm not even sure if that's the
case.

Lorin
--
Lorin Hochstein