[Openstack-docs] OpenStack docs review policy

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Wed Aug 21 18:45:34 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Lorin Hochstein
<lorin at nimbisservices.com>wrote:

> Hi Anne:
>
> Since you're updating the review policy, can you add the following?
>
> For core members: they should only click Approve if they've given a +2?
> There's been some confusion in the past among newer core members who have
> given +1 (looks good to me but someone else must approve) and also an
> "approve". (Note: this has happened to multiple people).

Good point, will add.

> (This one isn't strictly about review policy...)
> For submitters amending their patch: the updated commit log message
> shouldn't break down the changes by individual patchset (i.e., shouldn't
> put "patch set 2, added foo" in an amended commit message) since only the
> final commit will be visible in the git history after it's accepted. (This
> is the policy with the other OpenStack projects, and it's in the wiki
> *somewhere*, but I wasn't able to find it after a cursory search).

Oh yes, I'm guilty of "patchset does this" in my subsequent commit
messages. And yes, the infra team has told me not to do it. :) I'm happy to
adopt the same overall policy for commit messages. The devs rules are sooo
strict though that I avoid that particular debate. Still, consistency is
good. This is the policy:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/GitCommitMessages

If you're a reviewer and want to see what has changed between patch sets,
use the drop-down next to Old Version History: to compare 2 patch sets.

Anne