[Openstack-docs] Question about doc releases for specific sub-directory

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Wed Aug 7 16:36:47 UTC 2013

 I think it makes sense for you to publish to
docs.openstack.org/trunk/training for now, while you gather contributors
and get feedback.

To do so, make a patch like this
one:https://review.openstack.org/#/c/36102/ where
you edit these two files to make a new Jenkins build job:
modules/openstack_project/files/jenkins_job_builder/config/manuals.yaml<https://review.openstack.org/#/c/36102/4/modules/openstack_project/files/jenkins_job_builder/config/manuals.yaml>
modules/openstack_project/files/zuul/layout.yaml<https://review.openstack.org/#/c/36102/4/modules/openstack_project/files/zuul/layout.yaml>

Use an existing build to get the gist of it. That patch in particular is
helpful in that it only publishes from the master branch to trunk.

The team in #openstack-infra can help if you get stuck.

Anne

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 4:37 PM, McNamara, Colin
<Colin.McNamara at nexusis.com>wrote:

>  I think this question is directed to Anne, but I am not exactly sure.
>
>  I am looking for specific details on doc releases to trunk. From what I
> understand of the current state, docs are merged into openstack-manuals and
> then a release is tagged which deploys them to trunk.
>
>  Part of the workflow that we are trying to achieve with
> OpenStack-Training is to get general users (users that are not capable of a
> full git workflow) reviewing via web page and submitting bugs on content
> through embedded links. Originally there was a thought to deploy this to
> trunk and have users review and submit bugs via
> docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-training/blah/foo
>
>  My questions
>
>  1. is it appropriate to release OpenStack-Training beta content to trunk
> 2. if so, is there a way to increase the release cycle without negatively
> impacting the rest of docs
> 3. if it is not appropriate, is there a second area to add as a deployment
> target that can be used to show beta content, and get feedback from end
> users.
>

>     Regards,
>
>  Colin
>
>  If you would like to schedule a time to speak with me, please *click here<https://my.timedriver.com/L89ZG>
> * to see my calendar and pick a time that works for your schedule. The
> system will automatically send us both an outlook meeting invite.
>
>    *Colin McNamara*
> Chief Cloud Architect, Director Cloud Practice
> CCIE #18233, VCP, OpenStack ATC
> *Nexus IS, Inc.*
> **5200 Franklin Drive
> Pleasanton, Ca, 94588