[Openstack-docs] Question about doc releases for specific sub-directory

McNamara, Colin Colin.McNamara at NexusIS.com
Mon Aug 5 21:37:00 UTC 2013

I think this question is directed to Anne, but I am not exactly sure.

I am looking for specific details on doc releases to trunk. From what I understand of the current state, docs are merged into openstack-manuals and then a release is tagged which deploys them to trunk.

Part of the workflow that we are trying to achieve with OpenStack-Training is to get general users (users that are not capable of a full git workflow) reviewing via web page and submitting bugs on content through embedded links. Originally there was a thought to deploy this to trunk and have users review and submit bugs via docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-training/blah/foo<http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-training/blah/foo>

My questions

1. is it appropriate to release OpenStack-Training beta content to trunk
2. if so, is there a way to increase the release cycle without negatively impacting the rest of docs
3. if it is not appropriate, is there a second area to add as a deployment target that can be used to show beta content, and get feedback from end users.

Regards,

Colin

If you would like to schedule a time to speak with me, please click here<https://my.timedriver.com/L89ZG> to see my calendar and pick a time that works for your schedule. The system will automatically send us both an outlook meeting invite.

Colin McNamara
Chief Cloud Architect, Director Cloud Practice
CCIE #18233, VCP, OpenStack ATC
Nexus IS, Inc.
5200 Franklin Drive
Pleasanton, Ca, 94588