[Openstack-docs] What's Up Doc? April 25 2013

Lorin Hochstein lorin at nimbisservices.com
Tue Apr 30 01:31:15 UTC 2013

Hi Anne:

> 5. Doc tools updates:
>
> I love hearing that RedHat is testing their tools with our source. A year
> or so ago I learned about Publican at the Open Help Conference and wondered
> if we should just re-tool. Would love to hear discussions around that -- we
> need the maven plugin for the api.openstack.org/api-ref.html site, but
> there are certainly cases where it would be cool to completely share
> content and tooling.

Could you say a little more about the benefits of using Publican over our
existing tooling? In particular, I can imagine how sharing tooling with
others would be a benefit (especially if, say, RedHat was using it for
their own OpenStack-related docs), but how would it help us share content
with others?

Take care,

Lorin

--