[Openstack-docs] Compute | Networking | Storage refactoring

Razique Mahroua razique.mahroua at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 11:02:02 UTC 2012

Hi guys,
the confusing thing about "Storage" is that there are two (maybe more to come) projects - swift and Glance. Storage is rather an abstract term when it comes to those services since both can operate the same way datas, but both serve originally different purposes.
Though, since both could be deployed autonomously, it could be more a "data management " category ?
or "Data storing" ? glance being originally designated as the "imaging service "
Same goes for Cinder actually

As for keystone, I think it could have its own topic, being the only one all the OPS services aim to/ should use from now on.

BTW : any news about Atlas ?
that ring a (weak) bell, but not so sure

Razique

Nuage & Co - Razique Mahroua
razique.mahroua at gmail.com