Need assistance

Gk Gk ygk.kmr at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 17:01:39 UTC 2023

Hi,

We have Yoga version setup of OSA. When a user is trying to use a certain
flavor which has some extra specs, same as that which is mentioned for an
aggregate, the vm creation is failing for the user. But I created a vm
using that same flavor and it succeeded for a test user account. When I
analyzed the logs, the nova scheduler is not filtering or checking the
individual hosts from that target aggregate in the case of that user. But
it is validating the target aggregate hosts  in the case of a test user and
able to select a host for vm creation. So what could be the reason that the
scheduler is unable to find the hosts from that aggregate in the case of
that user as opposed to that of the test user ? Is there any connection
between a project and an aggregate ?

Thanks
Kumar