[all][stable][ptl] Propose to EOL Stein series

Elõd Illés elod.illes at est.tech
Mon Sep 4 15:26:39 UTC 2023

Hi,

Core projects announced and deleted their stable/stein branches for some
time already. Furthermore, most of the projects, where stable/stein is
still open, have broken gates.

So, the same way as we transitioned Rocky series to End of Life [1][2],
now is the time to do the same with Stein.

I'll propose the stein-eol transition patches for the rest of the open
projects. I ask again the teams to signal their decision (with a +1 if
the team is ready for the transition). Thanks in advance!

(Please note, that the Extended Maintenance process is phasing out /
transforming soon, see details in Technical Committee's resolution [3],
which was accepted and merged in August.)

Thanks,

Előd Illés
irc: elodilles @ #openstack-stable / #openstack-release

[1] https://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2023-January/031922.html