[manila] Architecture: separation between share and ctl nodes

Jan Wasilewski finarffin at gmail.com
Thu May 18 16:11:01 UTC 2023

Hi,

I would like to integrate Manila with our current OpenStack cloud. In the
architecture and configuration instructions, it is mentioned that the share
node and controller node should be located on separate nodes. However, in
our environment, each service is located on a separate VM, so I'm wondering
if it would be reasonable to integrate the controller node and share node
on a single node.

Especially since we are using Huawei Dorado as our backend, and from our
tests, we have not observed significant traffic generated by it. Therefore,
I would like to know if it is a sensible approach to have everything
located on a single node or if we may have missed something important in
this integration.

Thank you in advance for your insights and advice.

Best regards,
Jan