RMQ + Juno

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Tue May 16 18:44:00 UTC 2023

On Tue, 2023-05-16 at 20:16 +0200, Ryszard Mielcarek wrote:
> Dnia 2023-05-16, o godz. 13:21:47
> Ken D'Ambrosio <ken at jots.org> napisał(a):
>
> > Yeah, I know.  173 versions out of date.  But we've got an old cloud
> > kicking around and it's having some weird problems, and we're trying
> > to eliminate things.  One thing is RMQ -- we were wondering if anyone
> > knows what would happen if we flushed all the queues; we'd kinda like
> > to start that from a clean slate.  Is that a Bad Idea(tm), or would
> > stuff simply re-populate organically?
>
> Heyo,
> not sure about Juno and your exact configuration, but in general - it's
> OK to flush everything with stopping rabbit cluster - I did it many
> times in different clusters/releases.

flushing the queue will cause any inflight request to be lost and will break
any operations that are happening on cloud resouces.

i.e. level vm in booting for ever or volumes in attaching

so its really only ok to do if the opensstack service are stopped or you are
sure there are no rpcs in progress

openstack is not built to tollerage flush the queue while its running