[keystone][horizon][kolla-ansible] user access specific domain

James Leong jamesleong123098 at gmail.com
Sun May 14 22:32:32 UTC 2023

Hi all,

I am playing around with the domain in the yoga version of OpenStack using
kolla-ansible as the deployment tool. I have set up Globus as my
authentication tool. However, I am curious if it is possible to log in to
an existing OpenStack user account via federated login (based on Gmail)

In my case, first, I created a user named "James" in one of the domains
called federated_login. When I attempt to log in, a new user is created in
the default domain instead of the federated_login domain. Below is a sample
of my globus.json.

[{"local": [
           {
                 "user": {
                         "name":"{0},
                         "email":"{2}
                  },
                  "group":{
                          "name": "federated_user",
                          "domain: {"name":"{1}
                  }
             }
     ],
     "remote": [
            { "type":"OIDC-name"},
            { "type":"OIDC-organization"},{"type":"OIDC-email"}
      ]
}]

Apart from the above question, is there another easier way of restricting
users from login in via federated? For example, allow only existing users
on OpenStack with a specific email to access the OpenStack dashboard via
federated login.

Best Regards,
James