Train EOL

Jay Faulkner jay at gr-oss.io
Fri May 12 14:50:17 UTC 2023

Scott,

I acknowledge and empathize with the pain -- I've operated OpenStack forks
downstream at previous jobs and have had to push changes to swap from the
branch to the EOL-tag. With that being said, I still wouldn't be in favor
of that kind of change in policy, because the downsides -- such as it not
being clear to contributors what branches were open for contribution -- are
pretty high.

We have an announcement list[1]. I don't think it's a bad idea to start
publishing posts there when a branch changes support status. I'm curious
what other contributors would think of this.

Thanks,
Jay Faulkner
Ironic PTL
TC Vice-Chair