Train EOL

Scott Little scott.little at windriver.com
Fri May 12 13:32:19 UTC 2023

Thanks for your response Jay

Yes the <branch>-eol tag is somewhat useful, but it doesn't appear to be
created until the branch is removed.  There is no way for a downstream
consumer to to prepare for the forthcoming branch deletion.  There is no
way to avoid a period of breakage.

I'd like to suggest the branches be 'frozen', as in accepting no further
updates, and tagged with <branch>-eol, but otherwise allowed to continue
to exist for several months if not a year. That would allow downstream
projects a reasonable period to switch from branch to tag and avoid a
period of breakage.

Second point.  Is there a separate mailing list to announce major events
such as EOL of a branch?  It's hard to pick such announcements out of a
general mailing list.

Scott