[security-sig] Polls in preparation to revive our meetings

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Mar 1 20:01:59 UTC 2023

On 2023-01-26 18:40:08 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> As discussed at the last PTG, the present meeting time (15:00 UTC on
> the first Thursday of each month) is inconvenient for some
> attendees, and that combined with year-end holidays and general busy
> weeks recently have led to skipping them entirely. In order to start
> narrowing down the potential meeting schedule, I have two initial
> polls.
>
> The first is to determine what frequency we should meet.
[...]
> The second poll is to hopefully determine what day of the week is
> optimal for potential attendees.
[...]

The results are in: we had three respondents weigh in on meeting
frequency, with a tie between switching to every two weeks or weekly
instead of monthly. I'll cast the tie-breaking vote for this and
say we'll try for weekly meetings initially. As for day of the week,
that poll had only one respondent, expressing a preference for
Wednesdays.

For the next step, we need to decide what time on Wednesdays to
meet. In order to determine that, I've started another poll here:

https://framadate.org/soF558fXvxrrXyt7

Please indicate your availability/preference by Wednesday, March 15
if you're interested in meeting, and that will give me a week to
analyze the results and publish the new time. I've set the initial
revised meeting date to Wednesday, March 22, which is the week prior
to the virtual PTG, so a good opportunity for us to plan a little
bit for how we can best utilize our upcoming PTG slot.

In the meantime, let's plan to skip the normal March meeting
tomorrow (Thursday) at the old time. Thanks to everyone who's
participated in these polls so far!
--
Jeremy Stanley