Next minimum libvirt / QEMU versions for "C" release (2024)

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Fri Jun 23 14:17:26 UTC 2023

Hi,

Repeating what I wrote on IRC.

On 6/23/23 16:10, Kashyap Chamarthy wrote:
>    - Debian 11 (Bullseye):
>      - libvirt: 7.0.0-3+deb11u2
>      - qemu: 5.2+dfsg-11+deb11u2

As far as Debian is concerned, the last version of OpenStack supported
on Bullseye was Zed (like every 4 OpenStack release and for each new
Debian release, there's a version of Zed that I maintain for both
Bullseye and Bookworm, to offer easier transitions). Everything above
that, needs to run on bookworm. I will *not* do any backport for Debian
11, which is already the past for me. In this case, for Debian 12 (aka:
Bookworm) we have:

    - Debian 11 (Bullseye):
      - libvirt: 9.0.0
      - qemu: 7.2

So feel free to bump up to that. If needed, I can even do backports
myself for these key components, whenever they reach Testing. Probably
soon libvirt 9.4.0 (which is already in Experimental, and that will
probably soon reach Unstable, then testing).

I hope this helps,
Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)