Next minimum libvirt / QEMU versions for "C" release (2024)

Dmitriy Rabotyagov noonedeadpunk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 15:08:08 UTC 2023

I wonder what is the reason for such diversification between B and C then?
As C will be the next SLURP [1] release, meaning A->C upgrades must be
supported. So doing a minimal version bump 2 times doesn't make too
much sense to me, as long as any platform we have in PTI is not
affected.
Also my assumption was that all version bumps (or deprecations)
ideally should happen during non-SLURP releases.

So what's the reason not to do this now and wait for C?

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/resolutions/20220210-release-cadence-adjustment.html