New repo for os-net-config?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Jun 7 19:42:44 UTC 2023

On 2023-06-07 12:07:59 -0700 (-0700), Dan Sneddon wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 7, 2023 at 9:00 AM Clark Boylan <cboylan at sapwetik.org> wrote:
[...]
> > Is there some reason the existing repository won't work?
>
> Currently os-net-config is a part of the TripleO project. Since
> TripleO is retiring and being replaced by something hosted on
> GitHub, we are no longer maintaining the Master/Zed branches.
[...]

Maybe you misunderstood. To restate: Is there any reason the people
who want to use and maintain the openstack/os-net-config master and
stable/zed (or other) branches can't just adopt the project? It's
well within the TC's power to grant control of that repository to
another project team who isn't TripleO.

Which use cases specifically (outside of Red Hat's lingering
interest in the stable/wallaby branches of TripleO repositories) are
you referring to?
--
Jeremy Stanley