openstack/devstack issue

berndbausch at gmail.com berndbausch at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 01:09:31 UTC 2023

To get a better answer, add information regarding your many issues, describe your cloud (e.g. how many nodes, their characteristics, the network setup), and characterize the current load on your cloud (e.g. number of instances, what resources are in use – see Horizon’s front page).

>From the information you provide, I can say that the launch fails because no compute host was found that could run the instance. Possible reasons (the list is not exhaustive):

*	No compute host has enough free CPU, RAM or disk storage resources
*	The instance’s CPU architecture is not compatible with the compute hosts’ hypervisors and/or CPUs
*	The image from which the instance is launched requests conditions that are not met by compute hosts
*	You set instance launch options whose conditions are not met by compute hosts

(screenshot removed from my answer to decrease message size)