[openstack-helm] [ceph deployment failed] error:- MountVolume.SetUp failed for volume "ceph-client-admin-keyring" secret "ceph-client-admin-keyring" not found

Viswanath Ediga viswanath.kvg at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 08:37:58 UTC 2023

Team,

I am trying to deploy openstack using OSH. I am following documentation
https://docs.openstack.org/openstack-helm/latest/install/multinode.html

I am getting error while "Deploying ceph" phase. container creation is
failing. Below is the error that I see in POD description

Events:
  Type     Reason       Age                    From     Message
  ----     ------       ----                   ----     -------
  Warning  FailedMount  24m (x73 over 3h7m)    kubelet  Unable to attach or
mount volumes: unmounted volumes=[ceph-client-admin-keyring], unattached
volumes=[], failed to process volumes=[]: timed out waiting for the
condition
  Warning  FailedMount  4m18s (x99 over 3h9m)  kubelet  MountVolume.SetUp
failed for volume "ceph-client-admin-keyring" : secret
"ceph-client-admin-keyring" not found
Regards,

Any help is appreciated.

Kasi Viswanath