[manila] Collaborative Review session on resource locks

Goutham Pacha Ravi gouthampravi at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 00:04:04 UTC 2023

Hello Zorillas and other interested stackers,

We're hosting a collab-review session on the changes pertaining to
resource locks [1]. These changes are being pursued for the
2023.2/Bobcat release.

The collab-review meeting will be at 1530 UTC on Thursday, Aug 3rd
2023 (gcal [2]). The meeting link will be published on the etherpad
closer to the event, and shared during the IRC meeting that begins at
1500 UTC on the same day. [3]

A reminder for the unfamiliar, a "collab-review" is a regular activity
that the team does where patch authors provide a walkthrough of the
code changes on a virtual community meeting and answer questions real
time. This has helped us speed up reviews in past cycles. While the
intention is to brainstorm synchronously, we will reflect all feedback
- big and small, on Gerrit for posterity. In addition, the meeting
call will be recorded, and the recording will be made available on the
community's Youtube channel. [4]

Hoping to see you there!

Goutham

[1] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/manila-allow-locking-shares-against-deletion