[cinder] cinder-backup volume stuck in creating

Satish Patel satish.txt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 19:20:01 UTC 2023

Folks,

I have configured nova and cinder with ceph storage. VMs running on ceph
storage but now when i am trying to create a backup of cinder volume its
getting stuck on creating and doing nothing. Logs also do not give any
indication of bad.

My cinder.conf

[DEFAULT]

enabled_backends = rbd-1
backup_driver = cinder.backup.drivers.ceph.CephBackupDriver
backup_ceph_conf = /etc/ceph/ceph.conf
backup_ceph_user = cinder-backup
backup_ceph_chunk_size = 134217728
backup_ceph_pool = backups
backup_ceph_stripe_unit = 0
backup_ceph_stripe_count = 0
restore_discard_excess_bytes = true
osapi_volume_listen = 10.73.0.181
osapi_volume_listen_port = 8776

Output of "openstack volume service list" showing cinder-backup service is
up but when i create a backup it's getting stuck in this stage and no
activity. I am not seeing anything getting transferred to the ceph backups
pool also. Any clue? or method to debug?

# openstack volume backup list --all
| ID                                   | Name | Description | Status   |
Size |
| bc844d55-8c5a-4bd3-b0e9-7c4c780c95ad | foo1 |             | creating |
20 |