Enable fstrim automatically on cinder thin lvm provisioning

Rajat Dhasmana rdhasman at redhat.com
Tue Jan 17 04:41:27 UTC 2023

Hi,

We've a config option 'report_discard_supported'[1] which can be added to
cinder.conf that will enable trim/unmap support.

Also I would like to suggest not creating new openstack-discuss threads for
the same issue and reuse the first one created.
As I can see these are the 3 threads for the same issue[2][3][4].

[1]
https://docs.openstack.org/cinder/latest/configuration/block-storage/config-options.html
[2]
https://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2023-January/031789.html