[kolla] [cinder] cinder.exception.NoValidBackend

A Monster amonster369 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 22:31:02 UTC 2023

I deployed openstack yoga using kolla ansible, and used LVM as a backend
for cinder storage service, after the deployment everything was working
fine, but after a month, I could no longer create a volume as I get an
error message

> schedule allocate volume:Could not find any available weighted backend.

and the cinder_scheduler log shows the following error message

> ERROR cinder.scheduler.flows.create_volume
> [req-2290223d-8f96-48d7-8680-959c5932d5be 3b4bd66ca3b04ab587a9a64a9e6966bc
> ec29bdcd73064dfb8186f413537327eb - - -] Failed to run task
> cinder.scheduler.flows.create_volume.ScheduleCreateVolumeTask;volume:create:
> No valid backend was found. No weighed backends available:
> cinder.exception.NoValidBackend: No valid backend was found. No weighed
> backends available

the storage server doesn't show any apparent errors,
any ideas of how can I fix this?