[kolla] [cinder] cinder.exception.NoValidBackend

Rajat Dhasmana rdhasman at redhat.com
Mon Jan 16 05:06:42 UTC 2023

Hi,

The error you're seeing could be due to a number of reasons. I will mention
some places where you can check:

* check if the c-volume process is active and running: There could be some
ERROR in the c-vol service logs due to LVM related issues to PV, VG etc
* given the scheduler logs, it looks like the backend couldn't pass filters
and weighers, Check if there is available space in backend. If you're using
a different volume type then does the backend pass the availability zone
and capabilities filter of the volume type.
* Also I would recommend going through the scheduler logs (before the one
you pasted) to see which filters your backend passes and which it doesn't
to get an idea where it filters out your desired backend.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
Rajat Dhasmana