Different between of the role of Nova-Conductor and Nova-Compute

Dmitriy Rabotyagov noonedeadpunk at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 18:23:30 UTC 2023

As of today, nova-compute can access data only through conductor. You
should not have database connection details in nova.conf for nova-compute -
if you do, this should raise an exception.
However you're referring the Pike release and back then having db details
in config wasn't considered as error at least. But I still doubt that
nova-compute was accessing DB directly even then.