Different between of the role of Nova-Conductor and Nova-Compute

Huy Võ Lê volehuy1998 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 09:49:05 UTC 2023

Hi, I have a question about Nova role

- Assert: I don't understand about OPS/Redhat explaination. Because all of
information said nova-conductor will help database-accessing for
nova-compute, every chart/image showed, too.

- Reallity: When I download OPS Nova source code looked into
nova/compute/manager.py, I saw the many many block code that queries the
data from the database (instance list) and updates the data (instance.save).

So the assertion of the Openstack and Redhat development community is wrong
or true????

Link 1:
https://docs.openstack.org/nova/pike/install/get-started-compute.html
Link 2: