[openstack yova][nova-spiceproxy] Spice proxy behind SSL termination: protocol mismatch error in horizon web UI

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 09:15:06 UTC 2022

Hi!

This is because you need to proxy the websocket protocol. You may want to
read up on it in [1] and [2].
[2] being the reference point and [1] being an introductory blog post with
a simple app example to try out if your config is all right.

[1] https://www.nginx.com/blog/websocket-nginx/
[2] http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/websocket.html

Kind regards,
Radek