Retirement process openstack/training-labs

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Sep 8 13:33:31 UTC 2022

[I'm keeping you in Cc since you don't seem to be subscribed to the
mailing list, but when replying please do so to the list address.]

On 2022-09-08 08:21:49 +0000 (+0000), gaspard varennes wrote:
[...]
> I presume (but I'm not sure because I'm not a tech guy) that we
> still can use the previous version of the repo
> https://opendev.org/openstack/training-labs/src/commit/2585b12b879bae4c3fe48a846d1ba9d3de1e4b77
> to train on the labs, am I right?
[...]

Yes, that's correct, just be aware that it's increasingly out of
date compared to the current state of OpenStack development: it was
last refreshed in March 2020, and covers the OpenStack Train release
from October 2019. Next month we're releasing Zed, which will be the
6th coordinated release since Train.

It's also worth pointing out that repository retirement isn't
permanent, and if there are contributors with sufficient interest
and time to get the content back into shape and keep it maintained
then it's possible to bring it back out of retirement fairly easily.
--
Jeremy Stanley