[oslo] New driver for oslo.messaging

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Mon Nov 28 20:17:27 UTC 2022

I'm not really active in Oslo these days, but I can provide a couple of
general answers below.

On 11/8/22 03:38, 韩光宇 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Wang and me are colleagues in a team.
>
> I would like to ask, put aside the working process of NATS and look at
> Rocketmq independently, if we want to do the work of adding
> Rocketmq[1] drivers, is the community welcome?
>
> We have already seen the oslo driver policy[2] in the documentation. I
> also want to ask, if the community is willing to accept the Rocketmq
> driver, whether we need to do other efforts besides the development
> task itself. For example, I see that "Must have at least two
> individuals from the community committed to triaging and fixing bugs,
> and responding to test failures in a timely manner".
>
> I want to ask:
> (1)Is the current policy still

If it's still in the docs then it is. If policy changes are desired then
a patch should be proposed to the docs.

> (2)Are there community members willing to take responsibility for
> this, or is it okay if we commit to triaging and fixing bugs, and
> responding to test failures in a timely manner by ourselves

The policy was primarily intended to ensure there was enough support
behind a driver that it wouldn't bitrot and become a maintenance burden
on the wider Oslo team. If you're willing to support the driver I think
that satisfies the requirements.